Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grammie and Grandpa's house

No one has lived here for almost 2 years, but magically it has a better garden and greener grass than most yards in our 'hood. How? Garden Gnomes I tell ya. Grammie and Grandpa bought this house in 1973 and it is the house I have the most memories in. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Summer vacation, hanging out in the wood shop (garage) to 'help' Grandpa, throwing frisbees over the roof, climbing the tree next to the garage...but it's long gone.. There are so many memories here, I am sure the house has a soul. My folks bought it last summer and I'm glad they rescued it from the "rough" real estate market of Morgan County, Ohio.

Front of the house


Patio and deck that Grandpa built years ago


Grandpa's billboard on his own garage door


Sidewalk from wood shop to house. See those double doors? They lead into the kitchen, Grandpa built the kitchen too. : )


And Grammie and Grandpa used to stand on the top step and wave goodbye. They were amazing.




Ok. I'm done reminiscing. The next post is happy!

No comments: