Thursday, May 15, 2008

Better get comfy, it's going to be a long ride.

Sonica, the foster cat. This is one of 3 photos I have of her. The other 2 look just like this. She has not stopped running since she woke up from this nap. She is about 11 months old and she's 7 lbs of pure muscle and insanity. Her meow is loud and obnoxious and it always sounds like she's yelling "NOW!" She's a cutie though with her tigery stripes and leopardy spots. Maybe she's part leopard. Sheesh!


Dandelions:
When I was a weee Mandy, my Grandfather nicknamed me Dandelion. Well, nicknames are generally shorter than a persons real name, but he was Grandpa. So who cared? After he passed away in August 2006, dandelions had a whole new meaning for me. They are not just a weed. They are simple flowers who struggle every spring to prepare for the next generation. I happen to see the beauty in this and so do a few of my friends. This photo and photo collage were anniversary gifts from Erin in Maryland. I LOVE IT!


Andrew, me, and Cal Ripken Jr. on May 6th, 2008. He signed our book with "To Amanda and Andrew, Happy Second Anniversary! - Cal Ripken Jr." He was great, he's tall, and I look unusually wide (and red??) between my husband and a Baltimore icon. Or do I? Be careful with your answer! Oh, I'm 5'9", Andrew is 6'2", and Cal is 6'4". I felt short!



End of a tornado-warning filled Mother's Day. The sky was 100 different colors of black and grey and it was ugly. The clouds looked like they could rumble into a storm at any moment and the sun barely poked through.


And finally, Andrew played fetch with Raven tonight. I don't know who won, but look at those flowers on the left of this picture! Knockout roses, spirea, and marigolds await me and my green thumbs!

1 comment:

ChrisandMissy said...

Pretty flowers! And that is a pretty dandylion too. I'm not hoping for tornados but I wish we could have a nice big thunderstorm with a sky like that. You Ohio folks get all the weather...sigh.