Saturday, March 29, 2008

Well kiss my grits!

In my new found world of Facebook, I discovered a friend I met in 3rd grade at Bushy Park Elem. School. We were in the same classes and usually sat near eachother due to alphabetical seating arrangements. I am SO PSYCHED I found her. With Andrew having been friends with a few people for decades (Yes, he is that old) I was feeling kinda sad that I hadn't kept in touch with anyone from school. Out of all the thousands of kids I met in 12 years of Howard County Public Schools, I think I picked a good one to reach out to again. Her name is Anna. Try not to confuse her with my niece, who is also Anna. Two very different Annas.. Anyway, my Anna gave me a nickname (Manders) that lasted well, until I lost track of her about 5 years ago. Manders was on my high school class ring and "Varsity Choir" sheet music folders, and it might have been said in place of my name at graduation since even the principal knew about my celebrity name. You know, like Madonna or Cher, only better. ;) I feel like an old chapter in my life has been re-opened and I am thrilled to have a friend who knew me way back when back in my life.

Anna, (my Anna) if you read this...email me, I'm dying to hear all about Kenya!


Proof Im not making this up. That's an ice cream cake with Manders and my graduation year on it. See? It was that big.

1 comment:

d said...

wait wait wait.....you graduated HIGH SCHOOL in 2000?!?

*sigh* i'm old...


(And yay! for reconnecting with an old friend!)