Monday, March 24, 2008

I must be on some blacklist

My job search has hit another dead end. I have applied to at least 30 places in the past month. I managed to land 1 interview. But I did not get the job. I'm starting to wonder if my last boss put me on some city wide black list of names "Do Not Hire This Person". It's depressing. I'm so tired of not being able to contribute to our bank account. We have debt we want to pay off and every month when the bills come I just feel like a bigger failure. I want to work. I need a job. Why is it so hard to get a job? I've given up on finding a M-F shift. I'll work overnight. I am desperate. I feel so ashamed when people ask where I work and all I can say is "I'm unemployed right now" I feel like I've failed when Andrew comes home and talks about his day and all I have to add is "Oh. I walked the dogs today." I am embarrassed to go out with his work friends because I feel that I have nothing to add to the conversation. I feel like a burden instead of a partner in my marriage. Today is Monday. I have 2 job possibilities to talk with today. Well, one will call me back and I need to go beg the second one for a job.

I hate feeling like this.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Curious - How long has it been since you have worked? What do you tell the interviewer why you took off the time? If I am being too forward jsut yell at me :)

d said...

Ack! I'm sorry sweetie.

I have no idea what your background is, or what kind of jobs you are going for.

Are there temp agencies out there? I was a "kelly girl" for ages when I was younger, and often went back when laid off/fired.

Darren felt bad when we first got here because he also had a quite a struggle (about 5 months) finding a job. Me? I could easily not work! For a while anyway.... =)