Thursday, October 2, 2008

We're sickos here

Apparently, I brought home more than just Berger Cookies. It seems a nasty bug has invaded our home in the form of... The Common Cold.

Andrew: sneezes, coughs, hacks up a lung and sleeps 23.5 hours a day.
Me: my throat is so sore, I can't swallow, fever of 101ish which is high for me, even at perfect health my temp is around 96. I'm not coughing or sneezing, but I have a feeling the best is yet to come. I'm starting to wonder if we'll even make it back to MD this weekend.

The meds: DayQuil and NyQuil for Andrew, I'm more of a Tylenol/ Advil girl myself. Hot tea, soup, humidifier, Vicks VapoRub, I even splurged and bought tissues with lotion in them. We're also big fans of those shower steamers that look like an Alka Seltzer tablet and we've re-discovered our good friend "Mr. Microwave HeatWrap" He's wonderful.

I'd post pics of this hot mess we're in, but we both look like a tractor ran over us...


So to lighten the mood, this Howard County Fair Prize Winning Photographer happens to be my father-in-law.



Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: