Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hotter than fire.

It's June. It's hot. Today it was 96 degrees here. It's only June...the hotter days are ahead of us. Boooo. Andrew decided today of all the days this year, today was the day...THE DAY to dig up part of the backyard to start our next garden near the new trees. It was hot. He wanted me to help, but I complained too much. Heat makes me cranky and I don't like to risk getting sunburned. It was hot. It's almost 10pm now, and it's still 83! Wait...the sun sets here around 9:30 this time of year, so it hasn't been dark for very long...I love being on the west end of the time zone!
Buster has thanked me in advance for getting his fur cut tomorrow (I have before pictures, will post them along with after pics tomorrow).
What else is new? Sweetie seems to think our bath mat and my side of the bed are her own personal restrooms. A trip to the vet cured that, they ran tests for kidney stones (she has none) and we're switching to a water based food to help clear things out. So far, no accidents. YAY!

Oh...One more thing. I don't think I said this last week, but my sister is a Doctor! That's right! Dr. Miller graduated from OSU on June 1st with flying colors and 5 redheads cheering her on as she received her diploma. After the graduation, there was a reception outside. My sister's friends came over to our family and asked "Oh! Are these all your brothers and sisters?" To which Rissa replied "No. These are my sisters, and THESE are their husbands." Ok, that was funnier in my head. I always get a kick out of other people's reactions to so many redheads in a small group. No one acts like that when half a dozen blondes or brunettes go out in public!

1 comment:

Heather said...

There's just something about redheads, baby (...said the Brunette...)! :)