Saturday, February 28, 2009

Parking Lot: 1 Andrew: 0

I think Andrew broke a mirror 2 years ago and he never told me. Most of you can recall our eventful spring of 2008: Kidney stones, root canals, a car accident all in 2 weeks and the list goes on and on. I thought we were in the clear till about 2 weeks ago. He started talking about major tooth pain and yadayada. Next thing I know, I'm schlepping him to the dentist, the pharmacy and the endodontist several times in a week. He's been recovering and it's nice to have him back on his feet. Literally. He has slept through most of the last 8 days.
So we go out tonight for a bite of food. We paid, walked back to the car talked about the music Jersey Mike's Subs was playing. Then out of the corner of my eye, I watch as Andrew twists his ankle stepping off the curb, stumbles, does a full somersault and lands flat on his back in the middle of the parking lot. Really? Yes. Remember that he is 6 foot 2 and the ground is a looong ways away from his forehead. It was a looong fall! Before he took his fall of shame, he threw my my sub (missing the oily spot) and chips to the ground. He broke his fall with his right knee (now bloody) and hands (only a little bloody). For real. Can we get a break here? When we got back in the car, he said it was revenge for me throwing his cake on the sidewalk 4 YEARS AGO. Let it go, Andrew. Let it go.

PS- We laughed about it the whole ride home.

3 comments:

ChrisandMissy said...

I just read the part about Andrew's fall to Chris and he choked from laughing so hard. Oh poor Andrew...we're glad he's okay.

The Godwin Family said...

I should be ashamed of my self.... I busted out in laughter. I hope he is ok....

RooManda said...

Oh, he's fine. The only thing that's still bruised is his ego.... :D