Monday, February 9, 2009

Amanda VS The Shower Doors

In the red corner: Amanda...lover of all things fuzzy. Her favorite color is platinum and her favorite accessory is elbow grease.

In the blue corner: The Shower Doors...keepers of the filth, grime and pure nastiness. They are literally the scum of the Earth.

Round 1:
Amanda takes on Door #1 with a vengeance and some pretty pink rubber gloves. She does a one-two punch with vinegar and scrubby sponge, only to be taken down by the sludge jammed behind the door handle.
Round 1 Winner: The Door.

Round 2:
Amanda brings on the 409, apologizing for the anti-Earth properties of the haz-mat. She thinks it is the only substance that can eradicate 2.5 years of the soapy scum.
Round 2 Winner: Amanda!

It was gross, I did it. The doors are clean, and our shower is almost in working order again. Next up, a shower re-caulking job... the entire reason the darn doors were off the track in the first place.

I won, I won, I won, I won!!!

5 comments:

Gem said...

Haha, love the writing. Try Simple Green's All Purpose cleaner next time. It's natural AND I swear it works better than 409! (believe it or not)

The Godwin Family said...

You make me smile!!! Gem is right about the simple green cleaner. Give it a try!

ChrisandMissy said...

Nice job, champ. Martha says to dry your shower door after every shower and you won't have to clean it for ages...I thought that was a little tedious, but my mom and another friend both swear by the method. My mom has a little squeegee for it.
Just sayin'.

RooManda said...

We did the squeegee thing, then we got lazy about it. Guess it's time to get back on the squeegee train! I think squeegee is such a funny word..

Senior Schwartzs said...

I can't remember which house we lived in had shower doors, but I do remember swearing that we'd never have them again--for just this reason! Long live shower curtains! Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day. We did.