Monday, August 18, 2008

Food, Glorious food!

Today I cooked.
I made tuna mac -better than it sounds!
I made chocolate mousse- as good as it sounds!
And I made salmon. I started with a recipe, but halfway through, I got bored.* So I started doing my own thing.
Here's whatcha do:

2 salmon fillets
Some olive oil
Some minced garlic
Some salt
Some pepper
Some creativity
Some courage (that you won't screw up the $12 fish.)

Put the salmon in a glass baking dish.
Throw everything else on top of the salmon.
Bake for 35-45 minutes at 375.

And Voila.
Amanda's Random Salmon.
Magnifique. So magnifique that Andrew, an anti-salmon man, ate the WHOLE thing. Musta been pretty darn yummy. He even ate the veg too!



* In second grade, I often got in trouble for not reading directions and making up my own rules on my assignments. My teacher started calling me Shortcut Mandy. Who knew it would play out 20 years later in my kitchen?

2 comments:

ChrisandMissy said...

You know I don't like salmon. Where's the chocolate mousse recipe??
Just kidding. Congratulations on your culinary feat. =)
We're going to be there in 10 days. We're excited!

Erin said...

I must have the tuna mac and chocolate mousse recipe! ;-)