Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas x 2 = a blast

We had Christmas here at home on the 25th, I conquered Andrew's Aunt Gloria's stuffing. Everyone stayed late and we topped off the day with a 3 hour Apples to Apples marathon where Dad calmly waited for "a redhead, any redhead" to play a card.
Andrew and I both worked on the 26th so we headed east Friday at quitting time. We parked our sled in Ellicott City about 12:30 Friday night and when we awoke the next morning, it was Christmas again! We all had some yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast (I tip my hat to Missy) and I think we were all a little jealous of the fun Anna was having with plastic play food and a shopping cart that was just her size. Oooh, to be that age again!
Before all the adults crashed for the night, we managed to cram in another marathon of Apples to Apples. We learned that rain is cuddly and Andrew is dainty (riiiiight!), and Jimmie thinks telemarketers are.... ha! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard with family! It was truly a night I will treasure. It's so much more fun than everyone watching different TV's or napping or flipping through catalogs.
So, good thing I remember all this. Even though I was smart and packed the camera AND the charger, I forgot to take it out of my bag while we were in Maryland. Oops. I was too busy having a blast.
Sunday morning, Andrew loaded the car, I hugged Meredith, we stuffed Raven in the backseat and we were off! Off to Jimmie's church service...Raven napped in his office in the chapel until after lunch and we hit the road for real.
We took the turnpike both ways, traffic was very light as we were going in the opposite direction of the majority of the travelers. And even though we have driven it about 50 times in 2 years, I am still convinced it's just a black hole or a wrinkle in time or something like that. Maybe I should look at a map.

2 comments:

d said...

Sounds fun! I *LOVE* Apples to Apples! We have learned a lot about our friends playing that game. :)

Senior Schwartzs said...

We were so happy to have Christmas twice this year. First of all, it made the holiday go slower so we could actually enjoy it! Next, we got to anticipate not one but two Christmas mornings! And finally, two Christmas dinners! What more could you want! Oh, and we can't forget how well Raven and Meister got along!